View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers
Default How To Change Aprilia Mille RSVR & RSV Spark Plugs

It finally happened. My Aprilia Mille wouldn't start up last week at all. When I hit the starter button it turned over fine but no fire. I knew what the problem was. I had never changed the spark plugs since I have owned it. Spark plugs just don't magically wear out when they hit the 20,000 mile mark in autos but in high performance applications they do. I've always been frustrated with spark plugs in all my 2 stroke dirt bikes I owned. They look brand new but they get a little black and they just do not work anymore after such little use. I knew the plugs would look fine in my bike when I took them out but they just don't want to fire like when they were new. The previous owner had just replaced them before I bought the bike with 17,000 on the clock. But now I've turned 32,000 and the Aprilia service log recommends replacing them.

I had searched around for some pictures and advise on the forums and just found random information so I decided to throw up what I have learned and some pics showing how I changed mine out. Surprisingly I read that the job took a few people hours to complete. When I changed mine out it could have easily taken less than an hour. I took my sweet time and took pictures along the way and compared and cleaned my old and new plugs. Next time I do the job it won't take me more than 20 minutes. It's really easy as long as you have some basic tools and some extensions and swivel joints laying around.

STEP 1: Simply remove the seat and the side panels from the bike. Easy enough and you're nearly halfway there already!

Last edited by Smithers; 02-21-2011 at 10:43 AM.