View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:26 AM

Thanks Sam, as I did more foraging among the forum posts I started getting the impression to line up with the F line.

One post I saw said I needed to have the ignition switch turned on to do the test, and alas, it overloaded my light up pen and blew out the bulb. So I've been trying to use my digital multimeter continuity beeper sound, which kinda works besides throwing sparks all over the points when I press the tip to it. Sigh...may have to buy another 5 dollar light up pen.

Got a good blue spark at the spark plugs this morning, gas is flowing freely when I took off the carb float bowl. Compression should be good, after all, new pistons and rings plus I had this bike running all summer. Only thing is recently I took off the magneto and stator to fix a leak at the sealing plug. When I put things back together last weekend, initially it didn't start until I switched around that one thumb-length piece with the lobes that fits over the center of the magneto. It ran then, maybe I'll try switching the lobe 180 degrees and see what I get.

Green wire to points is good and secure with no tears in the wire itself, I mean c'mon I had this thing running all summer and recently as well before digging in to fix those leaks.

I did check my battery this morning without it being turned on, 5.91 volts, I keep an extra battery at all times so I put the new battery it fresh at 6.6 volts. After trying to start the bike for a bit it is down to like 6.2 volts. Fuse is good too btw.

I did put a new o-ring in the carb where it mates with the carb insulator, and double checked those nuts and it is tight, in fact I kinda accidentally stripped a little bit of the nuts it is so tight.

I know it is gonna be something little and silly...engine bolts are all tightened down, didn't really mess with those anyways. Throttle cable is not caught up on anything. I move between having the air screw at .5 turns to 1.5 turns.