View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:10 AM

After fitting both of these seats the smaller one appears to be the correct one and the other for the larger Dream. The front of the seats where they meet the gas tank are the biggest difference.
If I were to use the larger seat there would be a gap between it and the tank. Whereas the smaller seat fits snuggly to the tank.
So I ordered the CA95 seat cover and after fitting it realized they must have sent the wrong one. It's just way too big and the whole thing fits easily over the back to front of the metal seat prongs. Also the word "HONDA" on the back sits way to low as it should be centered.
I'd say it's a whole 3" too long. Am trying to return for correct size or refund. Will see. I may just end up having this seat upholstered by a shop.
I was able to get the trim piece off and salvage all the nuts/bolts but will not be able to use that on the smaller seat. I like your work around spokes and will give that 3M chrome strip a try. After taking it apart I can see how much of a pain it will be putting a new one on.
This leads me to another issue or question. I seem to be getting a few incorrect parts or parts that don't fit.
The parts catalog showed this throttle cable as the correct part number but I don't see where this chromed curved piece threads into the handle bars. Can someone confirm this is the correct throttle cable for a late CA95?
Tried looking at other pictures on here and didn't see anyone having this cable.

As always, I appreciate the feedback/guidance.
Thank you