View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Comments on selling and buying an early 2000 model Aprilia.

A lot of people talk about whether they should part out their Aprilia Mille motorcycles or sell them as a whole. This is a very interesting topic and it's great for the owners out there with these bikes that need parts. Here is how the conversation goes:

Quote:
I know the R models fetch a good price when parting out due to ohlins, OZ wheels and carbon and such. However, what can one realistically expect when parting out and standard.
or
Quote:
I have a 01 RSV (blue) with 9500 miles and I want to know what you guys think could catch me the most money, selling it or parting it out? the bike is in perfect shape.
Here is my 2 cents from my experience. :huh:
--------------------------------------------------

I have never seen a blue one riding around ever. I've seen yellows though... maybe it's a regional thing? Man you should seriously sell it in one piece. Put the price on the high end and just sit on it. You WILL sell it. There has to be a few people out there willing to pay for the color. Blue will sell much faster than yellow I think.

I sold a YELLOW 1999 TLR1000 2 years ago. It was flawless and in good shape. I refused to lower my price as I was not in any hurry. I only let 1 person ride it who came to see it. I thought he was going to take it home but he didn't like the V-twin power... he didn't know what to expect. No biggie. I advertised in the Cycle Trader here in Southern CA. That and Craigslist are the two best places that won't take a big chunk of the transaction line Ebay/Paypal.

Then one day a guy called from LA who REALLY wanted it. He BOUGHT a trailer on the way up here so he could tow it back! Then he had the balls to OFFER me less even though he told me he would pay asking price before he left. Haha what a joker. I knew he wouldn't drive up here without all the money so I simply laughed and said no way. He knew he was dumb for throwing out an offer so he paid up and drove off with my bike. I sold that one for $5500 and I originally paid $4300 for it. =]

It took almost 3 months but I got great money for a very clean bike with maybe 15,000 miles on it. If yours looks as good as the one below I would put it up for $6500 (I'm guessing for that's right for an older one with 10K on er) and state that it's in great near-mint cond. and was kept in a garage? They will probably offer you and even 6k. Don't sell it with bald tires. That's like putting mud on the windows of a Porsch and trying to sell it. That could make or break your asking price.