View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I was always big on the Aprilia brand. They really kicked some a$$ back in the early 2000 era. I did a website for a dealership in Oregon and took some neat pictures of their showroom. Ah these were the sweetest bikes. They really catered to their customers and there were Aprilia motorcycles everywhere in their dealership.

One cool thing is that I bought an Aprilia street riding jacket back in the day from them. It's way nice and has an inner liner. Plus the logo is small so no one would notice that I was riding a Suzuki TLR1000R with an Aprilia jacket! The jacket totally matches the logo and lettering of my Mille that I just bought so it totally worked out. With these motorcycles costing $14,000 and on up for the R models I never thought I would have one this soon in my life. Spending that much cash on a bike would not be an option for me unless I was making some real bank.

Here is a picture of their RS250 racer that they had for sale for YEARS. No one really raced these or wanted to buy them for some reason so it collected dust. It was quite the showpiece. I'm pretty sure they had it sitting in the showroom for at least 5 years! I did call them a couple months ago and they said it eventually sold.