View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So here is the final result:

The whole upgrade was definitely worth it. I'm convinced that the Showas were not serviced properly because the action was way too stiff. I have only had this bike a few months so I didn't take the time to service them since I wanted to upgrade to the Ohlins. What a huge difference in performance. Just riding normally on the freeway the action is much more smooth. Before the front end change I installed new tires and discovered my front rim was bent pretty good. You can even see it in the picture if you look closely under the lettering on the tire. I won't be pushing the limits or really testing the front end at all until I have my new wheels on. I have some OZ wheels coming in the mail as I type this. :lol:

More updates coming in the near future! I haven't even made any changes to them as they were set up for a person of the same size as me. They were recently serviced with new seals as well so I'm ready to go.

One final note: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR TORQUE SPECS FOR THE OHLINS SETUP - The torque settings are NOT the same as with the Showa forks.