View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

The major part of upgrading my bike to the R version is installing the Ohlins Gold Forks. The stock Showa fork tubes are 53mm and apparently the Ohlins are 51mm according to forum info. So all I needed was a whole front triple tree (along with the forks) and I'm set. Thanks to RFM who I met on www.apriliaforum.com I'm covered on all fronts except the clip ons. I'm working on acquiring a nice pair of stockers although I should have just went ahead and ordered the Woodcrafts set and saved a WHOLE bunch of time waiting. It's a pretty big operation. In the meantime I'll be cleaning everything as much as possible and greasing up the bearings and such. Naturally I'll be powder coating bits and pieces as well to restore the condition back to new or better. Here I have started off by removing the fairing panels and have just begun seeing all the work that I have ahead. It's not a whole lot of labor to do all of this but it's just tons of detail work and remembering where things go.

I took a lot of digital pictures to remind myself exactly how all the wires go back. It's going to be awesome to have everything go back when it's all super clean. Once it's clean it's much easier to keep it that way.