View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Default Starting concerns

Hey everyone, so I'm getting mixed messages in how to adjust the ignition timing. Manual says line up F with red line J. On the forum I've found posts saying they lined up with T to the J.

In reality there is the T, then a line, a space, a line, and then F, so where to start adjusting the ignition timing?

I'm having some issues lately trying to get my '63 CA95 to start. Fuel is on and gas in tank and flowing, freshly charged battery, put new condensor and points on, has the Oregon silicon rectifier, I don't get it. Sometimes it gets in this fussy mood and won't start for a few hours till it is happy again. Temperature outside is in the 40's. Carb insulator gasket - check, carb gasket - also check.

Riddle me this one, but this has been a common problem, and now that I've fixed all the leaks, it's really making zero sense despite my searches on the forum for clues.

I usually try kickstarting from a cold start, I find if I lay on the starter button soon I can hear the engine trying to turn over get slower and slower as the battery is drained more and more.

Air screw on carb is right now at 1 full turn, idle screw is about in the middle screwed out. Before replacing the condensor, I usually had to screw the idle screw in a whole bunch to get it to start.