Thread: Kickstand woes
View Single Post
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:29 AM

Wow, can't say I'm not terribly surprised, but I think my aftermarket Thai pipes are different than your aftermarket Thai pipes!

It looks like yours have more a bell shape once that straight section hits the muffler part, while mine don't balloon out as much. I will take a look more closely this weekend at mine though, maybe my kickstand has a weak spring and is pulled back more or something. Thanks for the info.

I tend to avoid the center stand unless I'm parking the CA95 in heavy winds, I'm a little guy and for some reason the center stand can be a pain to push down and to push back up. I usually have to hold the front brake and pull the bike up after several attempts it will finally go up on the center stand. Then pushing it down it almost feels like I'm gonna drop the bike, so that's usually why I've gone with the kickstand.

Also as a side BytheLake, I like your aluminum polishing skills. I tried polishing my points cover like yours, but all I could find was a small dremel kit and some polisher's brown compound, and various sandpaper grits. It works, takes a while, but doesn't get the near factory finish look you obtain. What's your secret of where I can buy a good buffing tool???