View Single Post
Unread 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM

Is that the seal where the neutral rotor sits, Vegekev? I plan on this coming weekend to take a look at it (it's at my parents house currently), but from what I remember, one of those middle seals seemed potentially to have a leak (odd though since I replaced all those seals, but user error...ya never know), I want to think it was one of those clutch seals. You guys have provided me some good info though. I ordered a new packet of seals and new flywheel gasket to just re-do it all and make sure it is good I hope.

What I do know is that the leak only really occurs once the bike is shut off and sitting for a little bit, and the leak tends to start right next to the shift lever, and roll down to underneath the points and then drip from there down. If I don't clean it up, it looks like once I ride again the oil spreads across underneath the engine to the drain plug and then dripping off the kickstand as well.

I did smear RTV silicone all around the flywheel basket, but the leak still continued so I figure I'm getting the gasket sealed well, but there's some oil seal not sealing well. Either off the flywheel basket or perhaps one of the seals where Vegekev suggests.

As a side, is it just me or has anyone else had an issue with the RH side cylinder cover with the tachometer leaking no matter how much you tighten the bolts? I eventually got it sorta stopped by smearing a bunch of RTV silicone in place, but I wonder if there's a better way. I don't have a tachometer in there at all, just the housing for it.