View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I used a very high tech scale that has been used with great and consistent results for decades. They don't make em like they used to and my scale is a classic! As long as I'm using the scale as a common denominator to measure every wheel then I will get consistent numbers which is all I care about.

I took a handful of pictures of the wheels on the scale in different positions to check the accuracy. The scale gets the same number as long as the tires contact patch is somewhat centered on the scale and not hanging off the side. I held the camera just over the subject and removed my hand right when the picture was taken in each instance. The tire was always steady and I double checked the pictures with notes I took of the weights as well. I didn't have time to take the tires off all the rims and weigh them but I took the tires off the old rims and installed them on the new ones. I tried to look around on some forums for how much each different wheel brand weighs but I didn't find anything. Maybe I could have looked more? Oh well here are the pictures.