View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok those crazy problems are all fixed and I even have mastered the LC-1. A lot of people throw them away or don't give them another chance but what you have to do is CALL Innovate and talk to their very knowledgeable tech guys. Of course when you call them they will ask if you have very very good grounds connected to the unit. Then they will ask you to double check your wiring to make absolutely sure it's done correctly and not broken or disconnected somewhere that you might not realize. The LC-1 is very finnicky unit. There are many many threads online in which people blast them and then an equal amount of people love them. Of course:
  • #1 Tip is for installers to wire them correctly. It takes a little brainwork but it's nothing you can't do. There are a few really good forum threads that hold your hand through the whole install.
  • #2 tip for users is to not let the unit sit there with the power on (engine not running) cause the O2 heater will burn it up.
  • And then golden tip #3 is the calibration. It's extremely crucial that you calibrate it correctly and the manual or online pdf/ instructions are very vague. I called Innovate up and they gave me a whole different set of steps to follow.

If you having problems or think that your's is bad don't throw yours away yet you could call them and they could tell you for sure if it's bad or not. After some teeth pulling mine works great... and I thought mine was bad too.