View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yeah just think about it. Allll that money for a new Aprilia Mille and you are STILL getting the same HP as the 2000 model. Even if you throw a couple thousand in parts and another 2 grand in tuning computers its still the same HP. I would simply get chastised in the forums that I frequent but I would just like to let people know that if you want some serious bang for the buck just go with the older versions of these Mille RSV and Mille RSVRs IMO. Aprilias just aren't out on the racetrack to WIN WIN WIN simply because they cost too much to upgrade/maintain and the cheaper bikes are winning on the straights. But on the street the Mille is a killer in the right hands no matter how you look at it. So you got a new model? Well you are the only one that knows it. Anywhere you ride people will basically think you are riding a spacebike no matter what year of Aprilia you are on. 99% of the population isn't familiar with any year model so to them they all look the same.

Yes I would like to have a shiny new bike but if something breaks on it or the body work gets damaged you have to pay for some super inflated prices. Even if you don't mind shelling out the money for the replacements it takes a long time to get them. Now if you opt for the older models you get the same performance and there are lots of used parts floating around out there for much less money.

Have a read over here at Motorcycle USA's website and read what they have to say about the new 2008 Mille RSVR. 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R vs Ducati 1098S Hell yeah they like the bike BUT they make it clear that it just DOES NOT CUT the mustard when it comes to power. The competition (Ducati and of course the inline-4 bikes) just absolutely smoke it down the straights and anywhere that power is king. They simply state, "Despite the fact that the motor sounds raucous and ready to go, it doesn't exactly come on with authority compared to the 1098S - and that's where it loses the ground it gained in the corners." Make ground in the corners and lose it and more in the straights.... yay. I know that the target market for these bikes is the professional male that buys a new bike every year but sheesh, it's just not a smart buy at all unless they sneak a new engine in the frame SOON. If I see an owner of a new Mille R I would have to ask him what possessed him to buy one, seriously.

Now where is that new V4 Aprilia Mille engine?