View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So what's it like owning an Aprilia? I won't go into the details about how people honk at you and give you the "thumbs up"? Or how when it's parked people always stop when they are walking by to look. Yesterday while going on a 3 lane HWY a guy pulled his Escalade SUV out of the center lane to open it up so I could split the lanes up through the middle. I'm sure he wanted to see what the hell I was riding because I was wearing my full leather APrilia Suit. :lol:

Here is another example:
I was parked inbetween some cars 2 days ago in a shopping center. A couple of really young girls came out of a store towards their cars which was right next to me. One girl said, "awww I wanna ride!" As I was taking my helmet off I though she said to her friend, "I wanna DRIVE." So then as I'm walking away she said, "hell you can TAKE ME HOME!". I turned around laughing and told her she was trouble. B)

Here is a recent post I gave to someone considering buying an Aprilia. He was worried about the seating position...

Quote:
The bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it... as with all bikes. Let me tell you> It's not easy to sell a V-twin sportbike. If you showed up with $6,750 you know he would take it and be happy!

I also hate it when people tell you that it has good tires so it's worth more. Yeah tires are disposable and they age. Plus most riders only want one brand of tire so when I hear that I tell them, yeah whatever I only run Dunlops so that doesn't matter. I ride 2000.5 and it's one of the most roomy sportbike there is IMO. I run the aftermarket clip-ons that are lower and as long as I stop for fuel =] that gives me enough time to stretch for another tank of riding. I think 3 tanks is about all I can go before I need some walking around though. With stock clip-ons its much easier on your body. And my favorite part.... the Mille actually has a windshield that you can use!! Duck down a little and you are in the slipstream no problem. Other sportbikes have windscreens just for looks. The Mille mirrors also work very very well.

Remember selling Aprilias is very hard. Just the fact that the owner needs to be mechanically aware of the bike, is enough to scare off most customers. Changing oil (getting the oil level correct) is a little tricky but other than that you won't have any problems if you need to work on it. Aprilias have a higher level of build quality that is awesome. Parts are made with better materials and the plastics are a good amount thicker than all the other bikes. The Rotax engines are super strong.