View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Yep we measured the actual travel and that's what I have now that I'm pretty much done. This system took a whole bunch of math (even some calculus) as it is progressively sprung as well as dampened! I can change the rate at which the shocks absorb the compression by moving the rear shock mounting location up or down in the 3 positions. It's designed to accept a 9in. rear end that I have when the time is right.

I've since cut and popped my fenders out for the time being till I get time to put fiberglass around it. We boxed the frame in and that alone stiffened up the frame to a whole new level of control. You can really tell when you flick the wheel and put it into a nice controlled power-slide.

Now I'm working on a turbo, drafting up the front arms and putting a full-floating 9in. rear to match. Then it's time to tie it all together with a rollcage. As long as I don't get married I think I have a chance of finishing it sometime in the next year =|

There we go =] Just milled out some high density plastic spacers and I was in business.