View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

So seeing how there is a lack of instructions on the net to show how to change the oil in a Rotax V60 powered Aprilia Mille motorcycle I'm going to have to do it. I have taken more than enough shots of the process and it was a pain in the ass seeing how I did it for the first time nearly a month ago. Once you do something once you always do it twice as fast the second time around. The problem is that the first time changing your Aprilia RSVR oil will take you forever. What a hassle! Of course I thought I was being cautious by filling it up to the "low" level indicator but once I actually rode it I found that it had risen way up past the "full" indicator. The problem is that I thought the engine was warm by letting it run for a few minutes parked in my garage watching the temperature gauge. But no... once I took it for a 8 miles drive and back I found that it was over full.

Oh well lesson learned. I'll be posting the whole process here over the next day so that people can see exactly what's involved and what tools are needed for the process.

Until then....
Keep it upright.