View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Now for the fun stuff. :lol: I got some new sticky tires finally. The Dunlop Qualifiers were just fine and they did me very well. Now it's time for a bump up in performance and here we bring in the Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier GP tires. They are sticky as ever and I'm sure they will do anything I ask them to.

I got them mounted the day after I had Danny Hull bring my suspension back to a good neutral point for me to start working with it. Before it was all out of whack with the dampening completely backed all the way out. I was lucky not to have binned it a second time as it was rocking back and forth through the turns like a seahorse. I can say that I got a lot of practice being smooth on and off the power in the turns. Any movement I made on the power or on the brakes would cause the front to dive or the rear to squat. It was ridiculous. So now Danny Hull got a chance to dial in the Ohlins suspension I'll be much better off all over the chart.

Here is a fun shot from underneath the swingarm. My Qualifier rear tire was a 180 in the back and now I'm back up to a 190 which is the factory spec size tire for the back.