View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Here was something pretty exciting to us Central Coast California riders. I was cruising down Madonna Road the other day when all the sudden I noticed a Cycle Gear sign near the post office. I thought I was dreaming as Cycle Gear stores are a big city thing and might be seen in San Jose or L.A. or something. Was this some cruel joke? I whipped it into the Madonna Plaza Shopping Center and drove all the way around back behind Applebees and to my surprise they have a whole store right there. I walked in the door and it was a paradise of street and dirt gear, clothing and some accessories.

They don't carry Sidi boots which isn't a huge surprise as many retailers have dropped them because of problems with their U.S. distributor. But they have the Frank Thomas line of gear which apparently is #1 in England and Europe and stuff. They have tons of Alpinestars which make very comfortable boots too. As you can see above they have tons of helmets and also lots of DVDs, some tires (mounting and balancing too) cruiser and racing jackets, lots of gloves and lots of stuff for the womens as well.

Also to my surprise is the fact that they carry the Dianese line of gear! I would like to win the lottery and have a Santa Monica jacket for sure. They have 10% off days once a month for like for 2 hours in the evenings so that might be fun to check out. What is really impressive is that the guys that work there have a great attitude and have their bikes parked right out front so they know what you mean when you are talking bike talk. h34r: