View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I was pretty dumb riding around on worn out Metzeler tires for the past 400 miles. I decided it was a matter of national security that I find a new set QUICK. I got the hook up through Sport Tire Services Inc. that happens to be in my back yard here in Paso Robles. Schweeet. They were even nice enough to let me borrow one of their Pit Bull stands for the front end while I brought my wheels in.

The nice thing about keeping your motorcycle clean is that you don't get dirty when you work on it.

The bad news? I got to hang out and chit-chat with them while they balanced my wheels and the quickly pointed out that I had a bent front rim. It's not so bad that it's an emergency but I have been noticing some vibration when I hit the brakes. I assumed that it's my brake rotors but now it could be coming from the rotors AND the wheel. GREAAAT, just great. Oh well I'll keep riding on my bent rim for a while. :lol: I bid the Sport Tire Services crew farewell and threw my new Dunlop Tires in the back of my truck.