View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

True-Flow concentrates on the ag and tractor market more then off-road. That's where the money is their filters are the best in my opinion. I took off my new K&N once and inspected the intake tube to find a lot of oily dirt coating the intake tube (that wasn't there before) and that is not acceptable. I have been running a True Flow for a long time now and my air is much cleaner.
They have come down in price in the last year and are affordable finally, depending on who's selling it I guess. The first time you wash a K&N and hold it up to the light you will probably be able to see holes in it. The gauze filters are horrible. They all use fibers to make up the filter element that will flatten down the first time you wash it and cut down on the airflow bigtime. I've taken them off race cars on the dyno to show their owners how bad they are. They switch to foam instantly.

Foam can also hold much more dirt safely inside the element before it starts blocking the airflow. The time inbetween cleaning a foam filter is much longer. One coat of heavy dust in a cotton filter will instantly start blocking air. Dirt bikes and lawnmowers use foam filters because they are the most neglected machines out there and foam is the only filter that can take the abuse and work properly.

Easy clean as well. I've installed many of them. Oiling them is SUPER easy as well. Just throw the filter in a bag with some oil and move it around and your done. I'll have to post a picture of the crazy big True Flow I threw on my intake tube. =]
They are the best on and off road.