View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Remember that nasty wheel above? Well feast your eyes on the new style:

And the front:

Once I got the wheels on the bench I buffed out the residue and then got in close to remove any blotches of grease that might have been left. Then I REALLY got in with the acid brush and some more Eagle 1 wheel cleaner. This little brush gets all the brake dust etc out of the grooves. I made sure to get EVERY tiny bit of contaminate removed because I wanted to get a good coat of wax on them. Wax? Yeap! Once you get anything really clean then it's easy to keep it that way!

Cut up some pieces of the t-shirt and go to work like the Karate Kid. Wax goes a long ways once the rag is saturated so just put a lot on it and get it over with quickly. It makes a HUGE difference. Now you can only imagine how easy the wheels will be to clean because it's so slippery. Plus they smell nice too. :lol:

I never had any problems using the acid. You never really just leave it on there long enough to hurt the surface anyways. If you put some 100% acid in one spot and left it for a long time you might get some hard water style crust but what you buy off the shelf is probably 6-9% at the moST. You won't hurt anything. Plus you are always putting water on it to rinse the grease away and once you do that the acid is instantly safe enough to drink since it mixes very fast with water.

Once you find the right chemical for any job it just makes life so easy. Acid is your friend.