View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

** DO NOT install anything where this HID ballast is installed !! **

When your front suspension bottoms out or goes near the limit of travel it WILL go all the way up to the upper fairing! This is a horrible place to put a ballast.

Here is the best thing I've seen as far as mounting the ballast. There is a shielded wire that goes from the HID bulb socket to the ballast. The high end components that you get from autos always have short wires that are shielded so I figure that it's not a good idea to cut them and make them longer. ALTHOUGH I've been told that it's not a problem as long as you use high quality wire. I'll pass on the extensions. It took me a while but I found a MUCH better place to mount the ballast than the route taken in these two pictures. This is the only way I've seen people mount ballasts on their Aprilia Mille but I knew there had to be a better way.

DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING HERE WHERE THIS PERSON PUT HIS BALLAST !! If you hit something hard or use all the front suspension travel the front fender will slam up into anything that is here.