View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2013, 08:25 PM

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but don't both left and right plugs fire during the compression and exhaust stroke. So it doesn't matter which spark cable is connected to either cylinder? Given this, what I did was switch spark cables to diagnose if the cables were the problem. I got the same results (No fire in left cylinder). I also switched the plugs around and still no fire. I also disconnected the right plug while she was running. She kept running but slowed and sputtered. I did the same thing to the left and there was not much change in RPM.

I had the cylinders re bored about 2 years ago. I guess the rings could have been placed upside down or something. I think my next step is to find out if that cylinder has comparable compression. Pretty sure this has been an ongoing issue. Been sort of burying my head in the sand about it for quite some time now. Have not been joy riding her or anything. Just will fire her up every once in a while, notice she's not quite right, and then put her away.

I really hope its not a compression issue. I've never done a compression test but its never too late to learn so Ill look into that. I may also try to pour a little bit of oil down there to see if there's any change like spokes suggested. I'll update you all on my progress.

Thanks again.

Last edited by 62benly; 11-23-2013 at 08:31 PM.