View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

After sweating it out for a week the OZ wheel arrived and to my dismay there weren't in boxes but just taped together! They hubs had been banging against each other for the ride across the country and it wasn't pretty. So next time you negotiate on the purchase of anything make sure and GET DETAILS about what type of packaging is going to be used!!! Wow I didn't think anyone would ship such expensive wheels by just taping a label on them. I took them straight to the wheel shop with no hesitation. The front wheel was bent but just barely. I don't believe that I will be noticing it so I'm trying to forget about this. I don't think I would have the option to send them back if I wanted anyhow. I'm sure I'll be happy with em. I'll also be bitching about how long I had to spend cleaning them. So if you want a lesson in cleaning wheels do read on!

Lets get to the point. This is a picture that I took AFTER I had already washed the wheel off with soap and water.

Of course I took my old wheels and the new tires to have them swapped to the OZ wheels. The seller of the wheels wanted more money because he said the tires were still in great shape. Well, no they weren't. I told him I was taking any tires off of them immediately and putting new ones on so I wouldn't pay for them at all. The rear tire was worn down AND SQUARE. The front tire looked like 1/2 life but they were both 8 years old according to the tire markings!!! What trash. The brand? Oh yes some very nice knock off tires made in Korea. Wonderful.

So those instantly get tossed and the Dunlops mounted.