View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Thinking about what tires to buy again I just can't see spending over a grand on anything so that rules out the Goodyear Silent Armor treads. Maybe some other time if I get a wheel and tire package and sell my old rims and tires. But for now just buying a new set of tires retail I want to stay around 800 bucks out the door which shouldn't be a problem with another regular tire. Another friend of mine works at a tire shop and when I talked to him about possibly buying some Michelin tires from him he gave me a funny look and said to just come in and get some General AT2 tires. They are very highly rated for the snow and have a limited warranty range of 60,000 miles which is on par with the Firestone tires. I started looking around for trucks with these tires on them out in the street and it didn't take long to find a couple. Everyone has good things to say about the AT2 General tires and they look really aggressive. I'm pretty surprised they are a higher mileage tire then some of the other tires I've been shopping through.

Here is a friend Toyota pickup with a set of the General AT2s on it. He totally likes the tires and he drives this little truck to the limit around turns and everywhere else.