View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM

Default '65 Project:First Pix

Hi All,
Firstly, thanks to everyone for having a great resource like this forum. Very helpful indeed!

Now to get down to business.

Here is the one I have:

She's been sitting since '87, indoors, but under a leaky roof and a mountain of lumber,sawdust,garden hoses,ladders and whatever other junk got piled on top of her over the years.

This was my father-in-laws bike, he bought it new at Menzel Motors; if any of you are from the Erie area you might recall that place. He was a telephone man and rode it to work for years. He later upgraded to a Yamaha Heritage Special, and the Benly went to the back of the garage.

To shorten a boring story, I have her now and am making my first attempt to restore an old Honda.

My goal is to get her running and ride to work this summer.

Since it's so cold now, I have just been slowly cleaning the crud off to see whats underneath, everything is pretty nasty:

The good news so far is that she is not seized up, and the gas tank was bone dry and looks pretty darn good and clean inside. The tool kit is complete and was in its proper place. No tire pump though, darn it. From what I can see so far, my plan of cleaning her up til the weather warms up and then firing her up might be do-able.

Check out these custom turn signals:

Well, that enough for starters.

More to come as progress is made and weather allows.

Last edited by Smithers; 01-25-2011 at 08:47 AM.