View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:36 AM

Thanks for the reply, Spokes. From what I've seen, you've been here before!

I checked about everything you mentioned except for cracks in the frame. I'll have to take a look at that.

My intent with this is to tinker and see if I can get it running. If so, then possibly tear it down, clean it up, then put it back together. If it isn't, then tear it down, fix everything that's "broken", then clean it up and put it back together.

Everything on this bike *seems* to be in great condition, although it doesn't run. The previous owner said the points are bad so that might be the first thing I check. Overall, though, it seems cosmetically to be in good shape.

One thing I notice up front that someone might be able to answer. I shifted through all the gears, and it made it through all four. When in neutral it rolled smoothly with the clutch lever all the way out. When in gear, it didn't roll with the clutch lever out (correct). However, it still didn't roll when I pulled the clutch lever in and the transmission was in gear. Any ideas?

I will probably have picture of this bike Saturday, assuming no frame cracks.

Thanks again for the response. I'm by no means new to motorcyles (ridden 2500 miles in one week, taken motorcycle safety course twice, etc.), but I am new to "restoration". Having help with troubleshooting and "how-to" work will be immensely helpful!