View Single Post
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Afterthoughts and the last tips I have for people getting ready to change out their valves on their small Honda motorcycle engines:

The process I have described is similar for many other motorcycles engines. If you could find someone to help you out with this process you will have a much easier time of it. With the springs requiring so much pressure to push down to expose the keyway for the key, there was no way I could take a picture. But you get the idea. With the tools I have shown I can now do this process very fast. It just took a long time to find the right ones that would even fit in the restricted area. :blink:

I recently had finished doing the valves on a Lexus 1UZ-FE V8 engine. These engines have 4 valves per cylinder which makes for 32 valves total! Now if you want to talk about a lot of work! The first cylinder worth of valves was fun but when you realize that it has to be done 7 more times you want to shoot yourself.

Installing 4 valves with hand tools wasn't that bad at all and it had to be done! With how much carbon buildup that was inside the ports and all over the old valves, the newly cleaned head, slightly ported valve ways and new valves make for a much happier running engine. I can't wait to see how much power will come about after all these changes and the larger pistons. In all the Hondas I have rebuilt in the past new piston rings provide the greatest results. Fuel economy goes way up when you replace the piston rings.

Once I had finished and adjusted the rockers I was delighted to put the caps back over these areas and kiss them goodbye for a very long time. Mission complete, but I will be on the lookout for whatever special tool Honda recommends to pop these things in and out! :P

Good luck and good night.

OH and to continue reading about putting the cylinder and head back together click here --> Assembline Honda CA95 Engine