View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I have much larger tires so my odometer doesn't read the actual miles. I have the 2.7 4wd and love it. For off-road it's awesome and you will not need more power unless you put much larger tires on it, get stuck hauling all your friends camping gear to Mexico or build a LOT more suspension travel which allows your truck to drive over bumps very fast (which is my case and now I'm building a turbo system : )

Don't buy a 4cyl and think you are going to save a lot on gas unless you keep it completely stock. If you want to haul a trailer or bedloads of heavy tools get the 6cyl. If you live in an area with LA traffic or lots of hills get the 6cyl. Otherwise get the 2.7L and you will be happy, people will think you are very smart and all the people with 6cyl trucks will wish they had your 4 banger.

Personally I'm VERY happy with my engine as I have beat it for years without any major problems. It's easier to work on and has fewer parts to fail. I have shocked many people by opening up my hood after they have seen my truck in action. I meet up with people who assume my engine is a tricked out 6cyl only to realize it's a 4cyl which has never been opened up =]