View Single Post
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

I didn't have to disassemble my bike at this point so I used it for reference when trying to figure out the angle to mount the projector assembly.

Then I wanted to make the projector cast a nice straight line of light. The unit came out of a Ford vehicle of some kind and the left and right pattern is slightly different. It's made to have a slight sloping effect to one side of the line of the light. I used a Dremel tool with a round sanding wheel on it to make the line perfectly straight. It just required about 5 minutes of sanding/grinding to make the line straight but I had to be very careful. Depending on where you get your proctor you might not have to do this. I assume the ones you buy for this very application have a straight line and aren't meant to be mounted on the left or right side of a vehicle. They are not all the same so make sure the line that cuts off the light in your projector is straight and not slanted one way or the other.

This is the "before" shot of how the line cuts off the light pattern. You can see it change a little bit higher from left to right in the middle of the line of light at the top.