View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM

Default Searching for Mufflers(66' CA160)

Hello, new to posting on this particular forum but have utilized many posts on here about the CA160's. To be somewhat brief, I'm in the final stages of paint on a '66 CA160 I picked up from someone who'd disassembled it and decided it was beyond their comprehension. Busted exhaust studs on the head, among other problems, but everything has been addressed and solved(thanks to a donor motor). Had everything I could think re-chromed at Space Coast Plating located in my home-state of Fla, scoured eBay for NOS toaster panels, carb-covers, etc, but now I've hit a stopping point with the pair of mufflers that came on the bike. After the degraded chrome was chemically stripped, a number of pinholes (4-7) <1mm in diameter were exposed in the steel. According to the chrome shop the process of filling pits/holes with copper and then nickel before re-chroming won't be effective on exhaust components due to heat expansion. Regardless of whether that's true or not, I'm in need of a usable pair of mufflers to finish the resto. Anyone with any info or help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking!

-Nick