View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM

They look like my Shinko Goldenboy's if they are the same you'll find that its a very nice grippy tire and wears slowly too, I still have the little rubber tits on mine.

I didn't realize your question about cables and carburetor kit went unanswered; if you haven't found out; the cable will be fine. The carb kit is where it gets tricky, if you have a round float bowl then no to the gasket; but those can be found at any good hardware store; the keyster kits come with a the square type with that one side edge that juts out; and you'll still probably have to very carefully trim it a little, some of the bowls bowed out on the sides. I have c95 stamped on the side of mine; so who knows if it shipped like that. The jets included will be stock size, I went with a thinner titanium needle on mine, I didn't like how thick and heavy the kit one was, and modded the jets and air filter.

I would say if you are considering any jet changes, then just get a gasket if the rest is in usable shape, otherwise everything else in the kit is worthless performance wise. But if you want a technically correct restoration then the kit fits the bill. The CA160 came with larger jets than the CA95 so bear that in mind when choosing; if it's too late and you already ordered, then the kit will still work though.