View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Getting ready, set and ....wait, can't go yet!

My all original '65 CA95 has been stored in a dry warehouse for 14 years...yes, properly prepared for storage back then... Fuel drained, oil changed, covered, and on blocks. New points, condenser, valves adjusted, battery removed. It ran fine prior to storage.

Pre-start prep is very important, so what do you suggest I squirt into the spark plug holes prior to manually cranking it over...and how long should it sit before cranking?

Should I flush the crankcase after draining the oil...if so with what?

I understand you recommend running with 30wt diesel oil...does that still stand as the standard with todays oils...any special brand?

What else should I do in preparation?

Obviously it has been a long time since I worked on this bike, kinda excited to be back into it. Ebay parts lists CA95, CA95 Benley, C95 and 150. I understand the C95 was the same as CA95, but not for export. What is the difference between CA95 and CA95 Benley...I thought they were the same??

I look forward to posting pictures and enlisting your suggestions as I progress...this site is terrific! And as always, I appreciate your kind responses!