View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to ByTheLake

Apparently ordering these Coker tires from JEGS was a mistake on my part.

I ordered them December 30, realizing that there were production issues and an existing backlog of orders. The original ship date has slipped at least 5 times, with the most recent target ship date from JEGS being June 1.

Yesterday, still tire-less, I checked the online status of my JEGS order. The status was simply "shipped" ... no date, no tracking information. So I called the customer service line. The woman was very friendly, and checked further. I was told that the ship date was June 18 (the previous day).

No tires have arrived, but today I received an email from JEGS listing a ship date of "mid July". Given the countless ship dates I've received since December 30, I have absolutely zero confidence that "mid July" means a darn thing. If the ship date is now "mid July", why does my online status say "shipped", and what was the June 18 ship date given to me on the phone all about? Argh. This is 174 days and counting.

So, these tires will now hold-up the reassembly of the bike. It's not the money ... I could order black wall tires and use them in the near term. I just don't feel like mounting/dismounting/remounting tires.

Last edited by ByTheLake; 06-20-2012 at 08:44 AM.