View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Hey check it out! Got the cams perfect and valve covers on! That was my main goal today. Timing belt put in just right, got things cleaned and odd and ends painted up nice. Next I need to rebuild the starter because it goes right in the valley on top of the engine and I never want to have to replace it. Then I need a set of injector O-rings and some injector caps as they have all cracked from old age.

It's coming together nice and I had my homeboy Ed help make sure everything is going together correctly.

So now where am I at? Well I need to remove some carbon deposits from the intake manifolds and also the injectors need some attention. I've read about some builds in which the person neglects to change out the old seals and rubber grommets. This is not ideal. The rubber sealing these injectors from top to bottom are what, 15 years old?? YEAH this would be a very wise idea to change out all the rubber. I have the grommets and o-rings on the way from back east somewhere. They should be here tomorrow. I'll have a shot of them being replaced as well as the starter contact replacement maybe. These are just details that need to be addressed in order to guarantee reliability which is top priority.

I also need to order the seals for the power steering pump rebuild... damn!