View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2011, 08:47 PM

aww Smithers you know you want to Actually, I might be the one ending up blazing the trail for the ca95 conversion, I'm going to get into the electrical, on mine later this week. The starter will just run faster as more juice it can handle it no worries, the stator and rectifier can actually handle more than 12 volts. The early Hondas on the cusp of switching to 12v from 6v carried the same rectifier and stators as the 6v. and worked just fine. 6v bulbs actually carry more resistance than 12v bulbs do, so 12v is easier on your system. The only additions will be a 12v battery a 12v coil or another 6v in series with the old 6v, 12v bulbs, and a voltage regulator, or if you prefer a regulator/rectifier combo, and thats it. you can re-wrap the stator if you want but its not needed. Stators only had an expected life of 5 years or less. I'll keep you all informed. The headlights are getting impossible to find as it is already, and the 6v dual beam bulbs are going that way too, 12v is only everything and makes cycle life so much easier IMHO think of your 12v bike if you have one....would you want it to run on 6v? hell no.

Last edited by Jetblackchemist; 05-14-2011 at 08:51 PM.