View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

Ok since I've got a couple requests to show everyone the secret to putting the CA95 engine together, here are the details. Well it's actually no secret at all but looking up the assembly procedure in the books is a pain in the butt. Just look at the pictures and everything is explained... easy stuff!

Make sure you place all the guides and rubber o-rings back around the guide rods. These are kinda tricky to remember where they went and it was the main reason for my little hand drawn diagram that you see above in this thread. They don't go around all the guides at all.

The CA95 timing gear only goes on one way. As you can see, the two bolts at the bottom are closer together then they are to the top one. Before I take chains off I always mark them just to make sure things are correct when I assemble them again. You can see the marked top link on the sprocket.

Here are the timing marks where they should be when the timing gear is at the "12 o-clock" position (which ISN'T exactly Top Dead Center).

And here we are all together with the chain installed correctly. Now the only adjustment left is the points apparatus but that is adjust when everything is together and running.

See? As easy as putting together a lawn mower engine.. or Harly Davidson. :P