View Single Post
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

First up to bat in the readers ride section is our friend out in Oklahoma who has brought back to life a NICE 1967 Honda CL125a. The owner rode a 1968 CL125 all over the place when he was in high school looking for trouble and now he has found and restored a '67. He sounds like he's keeping this one! Below we'll start out with his "before" pictures which show great potential with all of the original running gear. This is a great find since all of the labor was "free" and fuel, paint and sparkplugs are relatively cheap. That's all she took to get running right? Welllll that's what we tell ourselves (or our significant others) as we jump into these restoration projects. :lol:

Yes I have used the tape on the seat trick myself on my old CL70.

Some very nice paintwork on this machine and I believe that it's shinier than it was when it was on the showroom floor.

So what's next for this Honda owner? Why a Benly 150 restoration of course. The prime candidate is already in the stables waiting for some attention.

Soon I will be getting pictures up of my old CL70 (now owned by a good friend who wouldn't mind selling it back) which is the exact same type as teh above but smaller of course. These are the bikes that bring back the memories indeed.