View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Admin

Send a message via AIM to Smithers Send a message via Skype™ to Smithers

More on the carbs and plating. If anyone has any explanation about the metallurgy and composition I'm all ears. I'll bug my neighbor some more as I'm sure my parts are sitting on his desk collecting dust. I really want to ride the 150 around this summer at some point and I do remember him saying all he had to do was do some measuring to determine how thick the plating needed to be.

I'm curious if ZDDP or anything like that would help these little engines. I'm sure it will but being able to notice a difference would be cool.

Damn politicians. I'm not saying I'm one way or the other on this issue but they have recently been trying to push towards alternative energy other than petroleum based. They should have been on this bandwagon back in the "Who Killed The Electric Car" days. But back then GM was actually an entity that had some pull (pulled the plug on that electric car momentum that was started by politicians). So instead of looking for something other than fuel they get bought by GM (wanting to never build electric) and the oil companies and ethanol producers. That's a LOT of industry going against electric transportation.

Here is a quick article about what is going on in relation to the fuel subject and how ethanol producers are all pissed about it (yay): http://greeninc.blogs.nytimes.com/20...thanol-makers/

Quote:
But the ethanol industry is concerned that the regulations give a poor emissions score to their corn-based product, in some cases ranking it as a bigger emitter than petroleum.
Ethanol guys are just corn industry people trying to raise the price of their commodity right?