View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:First the serial on the engine is ca95e-3103499 although the stamp on the carb is simply ca95. I ordered a ca95 kit but parts were different from mine.

Ordering wrong carb kits for these bikes is a chronic problem. I wish my shop were together so I could give you part numbers, but I'm still rebuilding it due to a move so I only give direction at this point.

Go to Hondarestoration.com and get the parts blow up for your carb.

Honda still sells the float valve, the most key part. You can call your local Honda dealer to order it. About $15.00 and a perfect fit.

You will find new floats on eBay. Search "CA95 floats" I am pretty sure you can get them from Honda as well.

Quote: Carb has a 105 main and 35 slow jet. Would a 100 main and 40 slow work? Would it require a different needle?

Jetting is a science of its own IMO. Usually jetting changes are made due to elevation of your home state. I can't say what the difference would be and if there is a difference the two air adjustments on the carb would make up the difference. If your asking about needing a different needle at the throttle slide because of the 100 main and 40 slow jet, the answer is no. Although it may need to be set higher or lower at the "c" clip

I have cleaned and reused original jets without any issues.

Quoteoes the hole in the slow jet go all the way through? If so, the jet on mine is clogged.

The best way to tell if an air jet is clogged is to use light pressure compressed air. Another great trick suggested by another member is to use scrap guitar strings to clean out jet passageways.

I cannot stress enough the value of cleaning the carb body. You (we) have two major challenges rebuilding these carbs.

1. Getting a bowl gasket. You cannot buy the proper bowl gasket although you can cut your own out of fuel resistant material. I like to broadcast the greatest gasket company on the planet. Bowling Green Rubber & Gasket in Bowling Green, KY. These guys do gaskets for everything. I know them and have had gaskets made with great success. Call them for advice.

2. Make double sure that you set the float level perfectly. Generally speaking from the many carbs I have done, adjust the level close to the max measurement but never at the high spec.

Last edited by Spokes; 12-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.