View Single Post
Unread 03-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
I hope your doing better as well Sam.

Readers: Don't let master Sam fool you! His CA95 is stripped down to bare bones with nitrous oxide injection. I would not be suprised if the engine is stroked, bored, balanced with the heads shaved.

Unlike our beloved poofy 16hp, 285lb bikes with our lard at 200lbs+. We should be impressed with 63mph! I am
RS, just a few corrections to Chips (Spokes) post for your viewing.
NO nitrous oxide, not stroked, not balanced and no shaved head. ( didn't get much right there young Chip )
It was bored to 161cc with higher compression pistons, a race cam and race exhaust.
Most of the bikes power cam from injecting a 50/50 mix of Methanol and Nitro Methane.
The power was unknown at that time as I didn't have access to a dynomometer back then but it would have been around 20 to 25bhp.
You can see the bike in question in the first picture in this thread, (note no carb)
http://www.fourwheelforum.com/showthread.php?t=977
By far the bigest performance modification was in weight reduction.
If you take it that the motor was stock (16.5bhp) the bike had a power to weight ratio of .118. to get this from your bike (weighing 273lb) you would need to increase the motors power to 32bhp.
The only way to get that sort of power would be to stick a Nitrous Oxide system on it (you got that bit right Chip ) and guess what I've got lurking in my shop doing nothing
Thanks RS, you've just found my next project for me.

Sam.