View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:43 PM

I need to erase some of my pics in my albums to make room for new pics of my new project.

I brought the bike home today. This little bike left northern Indiana Saturday morning and arrived via my rented pick up truck this evening in Sylvania Georgia. I have to share some interesting observations.

The bike is really rusty....

It is almost 100% original.

It is a 1964

It still has the exhaust baffles in the mufflers, the mufflers are dent free..but really rusty with flaking chrome.

It has the period correct crashbars. For some reason, they are straight and polish up very nicely.

The bike has the most unusual saddlebags and hangers. I don't plan to use them, but unusual for sure.

Finally the front wheel is electrified....say what??? The front spokes have small light sockets mounted on them. They are connected to a rotating contact on the hub and wired to a toggle switch under the handlebars.

The seat has no rips, it's old for sure, the chrome trim is rusty, but the seat cover in intact.

The bike has two thin whitewall rear wheels (front & back)

The handlebars are rusty but straight and the clutch and front brake controls are clean. The cables are old but good. I plan to keep them for reference.

It has Buco brand mirrors mirrors....rusty as well.

Again, I will post pics and progress. Oh..it still has its 1983 license plate..

Last edited by Spokes; 10-21-2012 at 06:20 PM.