View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2012, 06:25 AM

I think I may have said this before in a similar thread about the speed of these bikes.
Although the weight, arodynamics, and speedometer are the same on both the C95 and CA95 one would think that the CA would be a little quicker due to it having a few more BHP.
From what you are all saying, this seems to be far from the truth.
The C95 would run up to 75mph on the speedo in 3rd gear and drop back to 70 in top gear due to the wide ratio gearbox and it not having enough power to pull top.
The CA has a closer ratio gearbox with top gear being closer to 3rd and top being a little less than the C which should result in less of a drop off in revs and consiquently more speed as the extra 3bhp and extra 500rpm would allow the motor to pull top gear with ease.
3 things would cause the CA to only do 65mph.
1. As Chip said, the motor is not in tip top shape, brakes are binding or the drive chain is to tight.
2. The rider is to big for the bike.
3. The final gearing is to high. (geabox and rear wheel sprockets)
Incidentley, what are the teeth counts on those two sprockets ? (CA95)
The C95 has 15/36 (stock) final drive which is good for 87mph at 9500rpm with a big enough weight reduction. When my bike ran this speed, I weighed in at 157lbs and the bike weighed a little less at around 150lbs.

Sam.