View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2012, 01:19 PM

Good news guys, the supplier was on holiday but has got back to me.
He is sending me a set for evaluation and will give me a price if they are OK and are up to the job. (no charge)
The gaskets are not copper, he says good copper ones are hard to make in the smaller diameters.
The ones he is sending me are Aluminium but he can make special ones for the American market made from Aluminum.
He mentioned to me about the way the gasket crushes and therefore he's sending me gaskets of 30 inside and 36 outside diameters. This will allow the gasket to crush both inward to the bore of the down pipes internal diameter and outward to the overall external diameter of the recess of the seating area where the gasket sits in the head. To be sure that the gasket seats in the correct position, I think it would be a good idea to bond the gasket central to the end of the down pipe before offering it to the head.
I will do this and let you know how well the gasket sits in the head.
As my motors are pulled for inspection every few races, I'll not be able to let you know how many miles these gasket will survive as most events only see the motor cover a few miles before strip down.
Wish me luck guys.

Sam.