PDA

View Full Version : OK-cheap source for chrome metric bolts???

hoghungry1
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I could NOT believe the Honda dealer doesn't sell em. Them Jap fellers don't trick out stuff?

I have NO metric bolts in my garage. I bought 18 bucks worth at an auto parts store that fit in a tiny sandwich bag and then got pissed and sit here shinging EVERY durned used rusty bolt washer and nut until it gleams and then rub it with white lithium. Kinda pissing me off. If I drop one I cry.

I work construction and have TUBS of every kind of leftover hardware even stainless steel and none of it fits, even the fukkin washers are wrong!!!

I tinker mostly with HD.

I wuz thinking going poking around one of my friends Jap shops and see what he got in the junk box and buying it all. (hope nobody sees me!:rolleyes:)

I want chome cap nuts, ss washers, I mean Jeez!

phoenix216
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I've found them at Ace Hardware. Expensive!

mk2davis
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I bought a vibrating tumbler so I wouldn't have to polish anything anymore. I love it, thank god for Harbor Freight.

Spokes
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
You suffer for nothing. Shudda asked me! LOL

There is an abscure machine shop that I use for chrome metric and chrome aftermarket Harley parts. You guys get KILLED at the Harley dealer for chrome stuff. Then you can't find chrome metric screws, washers and the like.

Let me enlighten all.

go to www.colonymachine.com or to ask a question go to [email protected]

I know the place well, I have family there.

Also the vibrating tumbler works wonders on rusty parts. Use the green media to remove rust without messing up the threads.

Use corn cob media for polish.

I cheat and use ground glass to strip paint or to add texture.

Smithers
04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Ooooo good info! Harbor Freight tumbler and the Colony Machine catalog! Very nice.

srq68
09-11-2010, 04:17 AM
I usually get them from McMaster-Carr.com, cheap enough and good quality. You have to know what sizes you need though.