PDA

View Full Version : 305 dreammmmm

KellieLyne
10-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Well the work has begun on the 305, and for some poor unfortunate mice, they lost their home. Right next to the half eaten air cleaner was a nice little nest. Right now it is just disassembly, marking bags and taking inventory. Pics to come.

aaron7
10-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Cool! Seems like there are more of these out there abandoned than there are still riding haha

KellieLyne
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
almost torn down to the frame. Lots of work ahead. lol. Sure will be pretty when she's done though. ONE RUSTY STEP AT A TIME lol.

Smithers
10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Why was I thinking that you were talking about a Honda Scrambler?? Glad to hear you are working on a Dream model! SO cool!!

Hey at least you didn't have to vacate the mice out of the engine! I've seen them nest inside engines because people leave the oil dipstick/cap out. :D

KellieLyne
10-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Um, lets hope I don't find mice IN the engine. Im looking for HORSE power...... I don't know why you thought I was building a Scrambler. Im putting together a white 1963 CA77. It looks like it is all there except for decent tires, but who knows what we will find when we get deeper into this rodent nest.

KellieLyne
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM
you know, on TV shows, this stuff gets done in an hour! Well, engine almost put back together. Some of the parts were bead blasted and primered. Something we have noticed is that some of the parts in the 305 say c72. I picked up a restoration manual by Bill Silver, and see that sometimes they used C72 parts in the 305's but there are so many changes and exceptions to the rule that it is hard to determine if this is indeed one of those interchangable parts. However, I just purchased a pair of Buco saddlebags from Bill Silver himself and I think I am going to ask him about these parts.

KellieLyne
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Okay the engine is now finished, we had to do some searching for some replacement parts. Although I did find some replacement parts, some of these NOS parts are junk. Compared to the orignal parts, replacements cost way too much for what your getting. Now that the engine is finished, it is time to start working on the frame, and body parts. Going to take a while to get this thing looking the way I want. Oh well on the flip side, I have met some great people along the way. (Smithers and Bill Silver, have been great people for advice). Happy Holidays.

aaron7
12-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Much of that NOS stuff is new Thailand/China junk that I'd be wary of using on my bike! You really have to search but you will find OEM Honda stuff eventually.

Smithers
12-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Morning people, yeah the aftermarket is flooded with crap parts. If you get the stuff super cheap it's ok for the short term while you keep your eyes peeled for the real Honda parts. I bought some foot peg rubber for a little Honda that was some crap aftermarket quality. They looked great at first but then in a couple months started cracking! I'm sure they will just fall off the bike within a year. It sucks that Honda parts will last decades but if anyone else makes them it's just for money and they will only last a couple years.

Good to know everyone here that's been hanging out and happy holidays to yall as well. Here's to a new year of even more motorcycle projects! weeeeee!