PDA

View Full Version : How do i take the float bowl off???

Hohlederschatten
09-17-2009, 06:14 PM
I have no idea how...i removed the clamp thing but it almsot seem welded to the main body from sitting all those years...

Any ideas?

i really need a complete overhaul on this carb. the throttle cable is siezed.

Smithers
09-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmmm, have you done a search on this forum for "carb cleaning" or looked around for information related? It just takes a screwdriver or two at the same time. You use them to pop (leverage) the wire holder from under the bowl. Push it to the side then remove the bowl from the carburetor body.

If you mean that you can't get the bowl away from the carb body after you popped the bowl retainer off: well it's then the bowl is just stuck to the gasket and you will have to force a little screwdriver between the edges and wiggle it loose. I could see that being stuck together like glue. It happens but it WILL come apart. You can even put the carb on a bench securely and carefully tap the bowl with a rubber hammer to pop it off. Just be careful if you use that technique!

Hohlederschatten
09-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Yeah i figured it out - i let the bowl soak in warm water then hit it with a rubber hammer.

Thanks smithers!

Smithers
09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Good work. Just grab a hammer and smack it! I hope the insides of it aren't too nasty.