PDA

View Full Version : 2 in 1 Exhaust

Hotdoggin'
07-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Anyone know why the guy who had my bike before me would have converted the bike from a 2 exhaust system to a 2 in 1? It looks very home crafted so i'm sure he had gone through a lot of trouble... but why?

Smithers
07-25-2009, 08:06 AM
He was bored or he damaged one side and didn't want to buy another pipe? There is absolutely nothing to be gained and it wouldn't sound as good. If you ride it offroad or through some rough streets like in Europe it would be better to have one exhuast. :)

Hotdoggin'
07-26-2009, 10:09 AM
haha, yeah, i didn't think so... the only benefit i could think of was cutting the chance of burning your legs in half ;)
Or shedding a couple of pounds.. :rolleyes:
It definitely looks better with two pipes i think. wish he hadn't done that

RobG
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Maybe he did like I did and tore half his exhaust off.... : )

It seems like more work to run a 2 into 1 than it would be to replace a muffler though. I still need to do something with mine besides wrap aluminum around a baffle. The stock mufflers are incredibly simple, but seemingly hard to come by now especially with there being two versions depending on the year.

Smithers
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Someone should produce some! haha yeah right that will never happen.

RobG
08-10-2009, 04:17 AM
Hey, you never know. Maybe someone will put out the startup costs to create a manufacturing line to make custom mufflers for the 200 surviving bikes and make a fortune of fives of tens of dollars... Yeah, probably not going to happen.