PDA

View Full Version : 65 benly 150

mfeon90
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
just got a 1965 ca95 honda from a guy down the street,it is white in color,all original,3,900 miles,even has original title,still has the tools under side cover,has a honda bag on the left side rear,has some rust on the wheels,no dents in this,started it and it runs and drives good,the choke has to stay on 3/4 to keep running, i had a couple of people offer me 1,250 for it,so is that a fair offer or im giving it away because of its originallity, i have not seen another one with the side bag on it, any info would be nice, added just took carb off and cleaned it and it runs excellent,could use a battery,if any one is interrested in it, i would sell for 1,500 you can contact me at mfeon90 at yahoo.com ([email protected]) and it is located in northern michigan

Smithers
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Hello there, well it's just up to you if you want to sell it or not. I wouldn't. :)

These little Hondas are just super rare and especially in that kind of condition. I would price it at around $2,000, NO LESS, if you were looking to get rid of it. If it was cleaned up (keep original paint) and the rust removed I would say these bikes are worth $3,000 - 4,000 to a Honda collector. Think about how much time and money it would take to restore one that's in worse condition. It costs a TON of money just to repaint one correctly. $1,200 is nothing for that bike. It sounds like a lot of money to some people (even me) but when you think of how much people spend on RIDING GEAR for riding their motorcycles, and $1,200 is about how much it costs for a year of using an Iphone now! Stupid expensive for a phone. It's a near perfect classic Honda. I've seen maybe 3 original 160's in that condition in my life.

I sold a super super nice Honda S90 to a person that told me he wanted to keep it forever and look at it. Yeah what a pal! He sold it to a Japanese collector and it was shipped back to Japan on a boat. I don't let things go for cheap anymore. :D If you're selling it than it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay. But if you own it and you would be open to selling it than it's worth more.

Smithers
06-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Those tires are even original on that 160. Nice. I would wipe the paint down good and use a Meguire clay bar (or any other brand) across it with some water to get it good and clean. Then wax it quickly. Gotta preserve that original paint as best as you can. 3m type pad can help with a lot of the light to medium rust around the chrome. The seats are really thin so be careful not to rip it. And MAKE SURE and put LOCKTITE (tiny bit of blue or red it doesn't matter which) on the screws that hold the seat on the frame (under the rear end of the seat) and SURELY put a tiny bit of Locktite or silicone on the small screws that hold the tank badges on the tank! I almost lost one riding mine around. The screws can come loose!

Take the seat and the side covers off while you are cleaning and waxing the paint. That will expose a whole lot more of the frame for you. I would just keep it and ride it around into town for coffee or whatever. People will attack you with questions and stories of their own. And someone is bound to ask you if it's for sale!