PDA

View Full Version : little help please tricks of the trade?

hellride731
05-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I got the ca95 seized pistons free today. Anyone know how to get the wrist pins clips out without wrecking them? or anything..Ive got a small budget and want to reuse anything i can..I dont have a book and dont know anything about this thing bike but i want it running ! someday (lol) what can you bore too? whats the max on rings ? ect.. any specs out there?

hellride731
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
im looking for a key switch or a wiring diagram too. any out there?

Smithers
05-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Haha here are some very very important words... NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER etc etc... NEVER RE-USE WRISTPIN CLIPS FOR ANY REASON.

Once they are removed they are trash. If put back in they will come out and ruin your engine and you can count on it. This is a funny subject because I went to a Honda dealer who was happy to look up 50 part numbers just incase the parts were availible. The ONLY part number that was available for me to purchase was the wrist pin clips! So they do exist for sale from Honda. Have your dealer look them up for your model. It's fun.

You have to check what pistons are in there. They might have been upsized as this is normal for a rebuild. They go up in size 4 increments of .025. So 2 over pistons are .50 over. I just had my local machinist bore them out for me. He knows what kind of tolerance is acceptable so I just left it up to him. Anyone that bores out cylinders for you can do this for you... they SHOULD know or be able to find out very quickly or else you should find another machinist or shop that can do this for you.

I don't think I needed to do any wiring.... just use what you have and hook it back up correctly and you won't need to mess with it. Is yours broken or been "modified" by a backyard mechanic?

hellride731
05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Ya your right I had a few beers and typed before I put my brain in gear. well i wanted to change those clips to another type but you answered that question already. the pistons look good and im wondering about just doing rings but i really havent the time to get into it today and take a serious look at it. this isnt going to be a main ride bike just running again for fun.. i didnt see any numbers on the pistons at all but then again it was a few beers on payday (lol)

hellride731
05-03-2009, 07:50 AM
well i got the pistons out and the only numbers on them i can see are on the sides ...A951360 im assuming its a part number. this if it works is from lastnights drunking moment. as you can see i spilt oil everywhere ..opps

Smithers
06-21-2009, 07:07 AM
Have you messed around with the engine rebuild lately? I hope you cleaned it up a little at least! haha

hellride731
06-27-2009, 03:13 AM
oh ya a bit here and there. im not in any big hurry. just want to get it right and take my time. I've got 2 other bikes to ride so this ones just for the fun of learning something new. I do apreciate your help even when I think of doing something dumb to save a penny. (lol) Money and lack of knowledge are my biggest enemies with this project.